Listening Test and Assessment
Sound perception test
Harry offers a holistic assessment to measure auditory, visual, balance and motor processing. The written report covers key outcomes and recommends coping strategies as well as programs to address the roadblocks to a client’s learning, social or life performance.
Programs can be designed to target anxiety, attention deficit, poor concentration or comprehension, clumsiness, dyslexia, weak literacy or numeracy, hyperactivity, or poor memory. Additionally we can help to improve creativity, communication and for those who overload easily or tend to under-perform.
Our listening test takes approximately 90 minutes and includes:
- History questionnaire including birth, medical history, school and social performance, developmental milestones as well as social & family history;
- Listening questionnaire – sensory-motor performance, auditory and emotional performance.
- Teacher questionnaire
- Fisher’s Auditory checklist
- A careful discussion to surface your concerns and your goals
- Identifying how we can deliver measurable and achievable outcomes to meet your goals
- Otoacoustic emissions test to measure what sounds your ears capture and identify “how” you hear
- Sound Perception Test assesses how you listen, how you perceive sound and how well you pitch discriminate
- Sound perception test performance allows us to identify how well you use the sounds that you capture with your ears
- Brain-Boy measures auditory and visual processing speed thresholds. Many process far too slowly to comprehend normal speech
- Auditory digit span test assesses if short-term memory is age-appropriate. Short-term memory is an important pre-requisite for comprehension
- Sensory-motor screening: posture, balance, motor, muscle tone and some primitive reflexes. These are all important foundations for learning
- Drawing of a House, tree and person
- Zinc Tally test
- Referrals as required – Osteopathy, nutrition, optometry
- *LAC test to determine if reading and phonemic awareness is age-appropriate
- Summary of results
- Coping strategies for school
- Program recommendation
- External referrals as required (ie behavioural optometry, audiology, nutrition, sensory-motor program)
Not sure if this for you? Start here!